IPA Canada 2017
September 13-16, 2017
Dr. Candace Nykiforuk and the PLACE Research Lab presented their work on the Love to Play project throughout the International Play Association (IPA) Canada 2017 conference in Calgary:
- Examining the impact of community investment on children’s play in a free play-based recreation preschool program: Mixed-method research findings
- Parents’ perceived value of children’s play: Opportunities and support for engagement
- Play-based recreation preschool programs: Instructors’ perceptions of places for play
Keely Stenberg & Gabrielle Donoff
- Reflections on the intersection of practice and research on play in preschool settings: Partner and researcher perspectives
Jane Hewes, Doreen Paradis, Erin Gallagher & Candace Nykiforuk
- An investigation of play in an indoor preschool environment: Does free play encourage adequate levels of physical activity for preschool children?
For more information about the Love to Play project, visit the PLACE Research Lab website: http://placeresearchlab.com/evaluation-of-innovative-preschool-play-spaces/.
For more information about IPA Canada 2017, visit: http://canada2017.ipaworld.org/.