Walkable maps guide residents toward a healthier community. Research profiled in the University of Alberta Report to the Community, 2011.
Outputs and Outcomes of Key Initiatives – Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) 10th International Review Report, 2010 (Nykiforuk’s smoke-free spaces knowledge synthesis project was selected as a highlighted initiative).
American Association of Geographers – Health & Medical Speciality Geographers
- Profiles of Health Geography: Candace I.J. Nykiforuk, November 2009. http://userpages.umbc.edu/~earickso/Featured_Health2.html
CAFA Distinguished Academic Early Career Award
- CAUT/ACPPU Bulletin Vol 56(8), “Lethbridge, Alberta professors receive 2009 CAFA awards” (online & print), October 2009.
- University of Alberta Folio, “Laurels”, October 2009.
- Association of Academic Staff University of Alberta (AASUA) Compass Newsletter, “CAFA Distinguished Academic Awards, 2009″, September 2009.
- CAFA Awards 2009 backgrounder.